The South Sound always impresses with unparalleled views of both the water and the mountains, but why is this January different? The HGTV Dream Home featured in 2018 is now back on the market, right here in Gig Harbor:
For $1.9M, you get breathtaking views of Henderson Bay and the Olympic Mountains while you head down to your private beach to go digging for treasure. Get lost in the South Sound as you go beach camping at many of the nearby waterfront State Parks.
But if you’re itching for something a little more eclectic (and way cheaper), check out the newest listing in downtown Tacoma… A renovated, historical Engine House Condo!
For $320K, this condo is located in the heart of North Tacoma. It includes a bunch of renovations and the rare exposed brick. Great location if you’re looking for something a bit closer to amenities and for an incredible price.
Call 206-930-1597 if you are ready to make a move!
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned veteran, the negotiation part of the transaction can be a little daunting and stressful. However, it is necessary to ensure you are getting the best possible deal for your money. So, other than price, what should you negotiate when buying a home?
- Closing costs. Your closing costs are determined by a variety of factors, but you can expect it to be between 2% to 5% of the purchase price. Ask the seller to cover some or all of the closing costs upfront or request a closing credit that can be used to make specific updates and fixes to the home. We often see sellers agree to pay closing costs in addition to accepting a discounted price.
- Furnishings. Love how the seller has furnished and decorated the home? Buyers often negotiate keeping couches, fixtures, landscaping items, patio furniture, appliances, and more. And many sellers agree, wanting to make the home more appealing.
- Inspection and closing timing. Buyer offers that include a quick inspection and close timeline are often more attractive to sellers who have been going through the process for far too long. Just ensure you allow yourself ample time to get your financing in place and complete proper, thorough inspections.
- Home warranty. Sellers will often agree to pay the premium on the home warranty at closing and then hand it off to the new homeowner, who is responsible for the deductible on any future claims.
- Repairs. Your inspection uncovers small or large repairs needed to bring the home up to standard. You can negotiate to have these items fixed before closing or ask for a price reduction to cover the costs.
At Bennett Homes Northwest, we will help you navigate and negotiate. It’s our goal to help you feel confident with your purchase. Contact me anytime at 206-930-1597 email@example.com. Spring is coming, so let’s get ready now!